Marvel Animation is located in Burbank, CA at the Disney Grand Central Creative Campus and was founded on January 25, 2008. Marvel Animation is an American animation production company created to coordinate Marvel’s mission of Marvel animation movies for the American consumer.
Visit the official Marvel careers page if you are interested in becoming part of this heroic team of animators and story writers.
Marvel Animation Links
Marvel Animation Movies Coming Soon
Marvel Animation New Videos
Marvel Animation New Photos
Marvel Animation TV and Movie List
- Ultimate Avengers 2 | 8/8/2006
- The Invincible Iron Man | 1/23/2007
- Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme | 8/14/2007
- Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow | 9/2/2008
- Wolverine and the X-Men | 1/24/2009
- Hulk Vs | 1/27/2009
- Iron Man: Armored Adventures | 4/24/2009
- The Super Hero Squad Show | 9/14/2009
- Astonishing X-Men: Gifted | 10/27/2009
- Planet Hulk | 2/2/2010
- Iron Man: Extremis | 4/16/2010
- Black Panther | 6/23/2010
- The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes | 10/20/2010
- Thor / Loki: Blood Brothers | 3/14/2011
- Thor: Tales of Asgard | 5/17/2011
- Spider-Woman: Agent of S.W.O.R.D. | 6/14/2011
- Iron Man | 7/29/2011
- Wolverine | 7/29/2011
- X-Men | 10/21/2011
- Blade | 1/13/2012
- Ultimate Spider-Man | 4/1/2012
- Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous | 4/10/2012
- Astonishing X-Men: Torn | 8/14/2012
- Astonishing X-Men: Unstoppable | 11/13/2012
- Iron Man: Rise of Technovore | 4/9/2013
- Inhumans | 4/23/2013
- Avengers Assemble | 5/26/2013
- Wolverine: Origin | 7/9/2013
- Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. | 8/11/2013
- Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk | 9/10/2013
- Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United | 12/3/2013
- Wolverine Versus Sabretooth | 1/14/2014
- Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher | 3/11/2014
- Wolverine: Weapon X: Tomorrow Dies Today | 5/13/2014
- Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United | 7/29/2014
- Eternals | 9/16/2014
- Wolverine Versus Sabretooth: Reborn | 3/24/2015
- Guardians of the Galaxy | 9/26/2015
- Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight! | 12/11/2015
- Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell | 10/21/2016
- Rocket & Groot shorts | 3/27/2017
- Ant-Man shorts | 6/10/2017
- Spider-Man | 8/19/2017
- Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts | 10/13/2017
- Marvel Rising: Initiation shorts | 8/13/2018
- Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors | 9/30/2018
- Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts | 1/16/2019
- Marvel Rising: Young Storytellers shorts | 2/8/2019
- Marvel Rising: Ultimate Comics shorts | 2/20/2019
- Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron | 3/31/2019
- Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands | 8/23/2019
- Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri | 10/11/2019
- Marvel Rising: Playing with Fire | 12/18/2019
- Ultimate Avengers | 2/21/2021
- M.O.D.O.K. | 2021
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur | 2022
- Hit-Monkey | 2022
- Spidey and His Amazing Friends | 2022
Marvel Studios has been renowned for its unique storyline that spans several years. The storylines take place across various Phases of different films and television shows.
However, Marvel Studios has a subsidiary company that works in animation. This subsidiary company that is part of Marvel Studios is Marvel Animation Movies, or Marvel Animation, Inc.
Marvel Animation Movies is also called Marvel Family Entertainment. Marvel Animation is located in Glendale, California.
Marvel Company Background
Back in the mid-2000s, Marvel had an agreement with Lions Gate Entertainment. They wanted to produce animated movies for Marvel Animated Movies.
The movies would be working with Marvel Studios. An executive vice president hired by Marvel to oversee Marvel Studio’s work with Liongate. By 2008, Marvel Animation was born.
Marvel Animation was created to help Marvel Studios with the animation arm of the company. At the time of its creation, Marvel Animation was also working with Nickelodeon.
Eric Rollman was president of Marvel Animation. In the beginning, Marvel Animation was doing well on the home entertainment market for marvel comics fans and superhero fans. Superheroes films were just getting started, but they would prove to be blockbuster contenders.
By 2009, a Marvel Knight Animation series was created by Marvel Animation. The first Marvel Knight Animation series that aired was Wolverine and the X-Men.
The show included Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Rogue, Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Professor X, Magneto, Mystique, Juggernaut, Toad, and the Sentinels.
Although the show got off to a good start in terms of ratings, the series lasted one season. Wolverine and the X-Men ended prematurely due to Marvel Animation’s financial difficulties with their financial partners.
To further complicated things, Disney bought Marvel and Fox, who still had the film’s rights to the X-Men franchise and brand at the time.
Since Disney bought Marvel, the company decided to distribute future Marvel Animation movies with their studios. By 2010, Marvel Television was created within Marvel Studios.
As a result of this new creation within Marvel Studios, Marvel Animation will work on the Marvel Television side. Over several years, Marvel Animation created several superhero animated shows and movies.
The first show that the company created for Disney XD was the Marvel Universe series. They showed Ultimate Spider-Man and other shows.
The Future of Marvel Cartoon Movies
The future of Marvel Animation looks bright. Spidey and His Amazing Friends, a Disney Junior series, is set to premiere in 2021. The show will be Marvel Animation’s first full-length series.
The show will have the characters of Spider-Man, Ghost-Spider, and Miles Morales. The creative direction for Marvel Animation will be developed and looked after by Kevin Feige.
He will look after the creative direction for the Marvel Family Entertainment side of Marvel Studios. Marvel Family Entertainment develops animation shows and movies.
Also, check out Marvel’s parent company movie list from Powerhouse Animation.