Happy is one of the Seven Dwarfs from the Disney animated movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Happy gets his dwarf name from his joyful personality and big smile that never goes away.
Happy dwarf is the most cheerful and upbeat of the seven dwarfs. As you may see in the movie or read in the story, Happy Dwarf has a positive character, and his delightful personality is a joy to all his friends.
Happy is a nice guy and a friend that Snow White and the other dwarfs can trust. He does not seem comical, unlike the story in the first draft.
Happy’s Personality & Character Traits
Happy dwarf is someone that you can admire and respect. When being introduced to Happy Dwarf, your first impression is you will see a very gentle dwarf with an approachable attitude.
Happy dwarf speaks gently and is very inviting, so you will feel comfortable and easy when you are around him. You will see a personality with genuine care, excitement, an adventurous heart, and a calm nature.
Happy dwarf is someone you want to befriend because of his warm and cozy treatment of his friends beyond his soft-spoken nature. Happy dwarf is also not the one who cares a lot, gets angry a lot, and worries a lot.
Happy goes with the flow no matter what happens to him and his family of all the other six dwarves. His disposition shows a loving and hassle-free perception of everything, as you will have the impression that he is a good person with a pure and innocent heart.
His actions are also optimistic, bubbly, bright, and free of hate. He enjoys his life and their eventful adventures with Snow White and his fellow dwarves.
Happy’s Physical Appearance
Happy has a welcoming appearance through his warm eyes, soft gaze, and big smile.
He has a short, round, chubby body shape, thick fluffy eyebrows, and a white beard. He wears a brown hat, a brown shirt, and blue pants.
He looks more comically inclined through his body structure and gestures when he speaks. In the movie, you see that he is always beside or near Dopey.
He is more of a brother-like dwarf than the leader-like dwarf of the group. He does not look demanding or authoritarian. He also does not look smart or a know-it-all.
Happy’s Moments in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
All the 7 dwarfs are introduced at the same time while they are working at the mine. Happy helps dig up diamonds and gems until it is time to go home.
On their walk, the group sings, “Heigh-Ho,” and Happy walks third in line behind Grumpy and Doc.
When the dwarfs arrive back at their cottage home, there is food cooking in a pot, and Happy wants to try it, but he is stopped by Grumpy, who suspects it to be a witches’ brew.
Then the dwarfs go upstairs to identify the stranger in their house and realize it is a princess. Snow White guesses their names one by one. Happy is the fifth dwarf in line, and he introduces himself to Snow White and Dopey.
Later as the dwarfs wash up for the evening, Happy places a wreath on Grumpy’s head and gives him a soft pat.
After supper, the dwarfs try to entertain Snow White, and Happy leads them in “The Silly Song” by singing a solo verse to Snow White and then leading the yodeling chorus.
All the dwarfs go to sleep, and Happy rests in a cupboard that opens and shuts with his loud snoring.
Later Happy and the other dwarfs chase the evil queen to the edge of a cliff to save Snow White, and the wicked witch falls off the edge.
All of the dwarfs mourn the loss of Snow White. Even Happy is shown with tears running down his face; this is the only time that Happy is not smiling.
In the film’s happy ending, before Snow White leaves to be with the Prince, she kisses each of them goodbye on the forehead.
Happy’s Film and Show Appearances
Besides the film Snow White, Happy has also appeared in the following movies, shows, and games.
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit (cameo)
- Mickey’s Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
- Teacher’s Pet (cameo)
- The Lion King 1 1/2 (cameo)
- Mickey’s House of Villains
- The Standard Parade
- Seven Wise Dwarves
- All Together
- The Winged Scourge
- The Simpsons in Plusaversary (cameo)
- Walt Disney anthology series
- House of Mouse
- Once Upon a Time (live-action)
- The 7D
- Mickey Mouse
- The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (video game)
- Disney Princess (video game)
- Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey (video game)
- Kingdom Hearts (video game)
- Disney Magical World (video game)
- Disney Infinity series (video game cameo)
- Disney Magical Kingdoms (video game)
- Disney Emoji Blitz (video game)
Happy’s Character Quotes
“Happy ma’am. That’s me.”
“I’ll take a chance for her.”
“I’d like to dance and tap my feet, but they won’t keep in rhythm. You see, I washed ’em both today, and I can’t do nothin’ with ’em.”
“The chimney’s smoking.”
Happy’s Fun Facts
- Happy is the only dwarf with eyebrows that are not modeled after Walt Disney. Happy’s eyebrows are thick and fluffy white eyebrows.
- Happy is the only dwarf that does not get a goodbye kiss from Snow White when they go to work at the diamond mine.
- In a short film about Donald Duck called Self Control, Otis Harlan voiced Happy in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Uncle Smiley.
- Happy is one of Disney’s easter eggs, which appeared as a cameo in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Teacher’s Pet, and The Lion King 1 1/2.
- Happy can be found in person at Disney World in parades and occasional meet and greet sessions such as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- You can also meet Happy at the Magic Kingdom in the daily Festival of Fantasy parade.
To see a complete list of the 7 dwarfs names, view our dwarfs list post, and be sure to visit our cartoon characters page to find more of your favorite characters and Disney characters.
Jump to Happy’s fellow dwarf pages to learn more about Doc dwarf, Grumpy dwarf, Dopey dwarf, Bashful dwarf, Sleepy dwarf, and Sneezy dwarf.
Brandon started FeaturedAnimation.com and has been writing about animation since 2006 to celebrate animated movies, characters, and songs. His favorite animated movies include Finding Nemo, Aladdin, and The Lion King. Find out more about us, about Brandon, and how to get in contact.